I’ve had the pleasure of visiting both Hambledon and Exton Park vineyards, which both produce fantastic sparkling wines that easily compete with Champagne.
As the sun comes out and we start to venture into our gardens to eat, our local sparklers make the perfect accompaniment to our food.
Try dry crisp fizz as an aperitif or with barbecued fish, and lovely light pinks are just the right thing to go with our summer strawberries.
A dessert of iced creamy strawberry parfait with a few fresh strawberries and a glass of pink fizz makes for a great way to end a garden lunch or supper.
17 photos to take you back to trips to Knight and Lee in Southsea
The Great British Bake Off 2022: Is there a release date, will it be available on Channel 4 and All 4, will Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith return and who are the hosts?
Teen Mom UK season 8: Is there a release date, will it be available to watch on MTV, and MTV Play, who is in the cast and is Hampshire's Mia Boardman returning to the show?
26 photos will remind you of legendary nights out in 2011 in Portsmouth
Top Gun: Maverick: Release date, will it be on Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime or Paramount+, is Tom Cruise returning, is it in cinemas, plot, trailer and more
This dessert can be made in advance and kept in the freezer so all you have to do is wait for the right weather.
We use strawberries grown at Titchfield, which are reputed to be some of the best in the country.
But don’t worry if you can’t get them – just make sure you buy English strawberries.
85g caster sugar
2 egg whites
Extra strawberries to decorate
1. Cut the strawberries into eight pieces and put in a saucepan.
2. Add the sugar and water.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for four minutes.
4. Take off the heat and liquidise.
5. Pass the syrup through a fine sieve.
6. Divide the syrup in two and put one half on to heat and cool the other half.
7. Whisk the egg whites using an electric whisk until peaks form and carefully pour in the hot syrup.
8. Keep whisking for three minutes.
9. Now whisk the cream until soft peaks form and gently add the cooled syrup.
10. Once you have incorporated all the syrup, gently fold in the egg white mixture.
11. Now put into moulds and freeze for at least five hours.
12. Remove from the moulds. Put on to plates and decorate with extra strawberries.
Lawrence’s restaurant is Fat Olives at Emsworth (fatolives.co.uk). Call 01243 377914.