These three rooms are all within the wardroom of what is now HMS Nelson, Queen Street, Portsea.
When opened in 1903 they represented the ultimate in comfort for officers of the Royal Navy.
All rooms were well furnished and there were many cabins for sleeping.
All the photographs are from about 1920.
The billiard room has since lost all its tables. The room is now used for functions with a bar installed at the far end.
The library is now a sitting room for relaxing.
The mess room is exactly the same today.
At the far end can be seen a minstrels’ gallery where Royal Marines bandsmen would provide accompanying music during the many fine dinners held there.