Guitar player Rob Jones is 22 and lives in Southsea. His band, Capsized, are busy working on their début EP and have just released a range of band merchandise designed by local artists at capsized.bigcartel.com.
· What would be your ideal weekend destination?
Playing with the band at a cool festival with bands that I admire like Strike Anywhere or A Wilhelm Scream. I’d like to play at Hevy Festival in Kent – a punk rock and alternative festival which would really suit our music.
· Not counting your loved ones, who would be your dream companion?
It would be someone pretty cool and laid-back who I could have a laugh with. If I had to pick a celebrity it would be Brody Dalle from The Distillers as she is hot or Rhod Gilbert as he makes me laugh.
· What music would you take with you?
Dave Hause is really good to chill out to, he plays acoustic punk rock. Music from a band called Living with Lions for something more upbeat. And music from an indie-punk band that we played with recently called Above Them.
· What about something to read?
I have just started reading a really good book called A Song of Fire and Ice by George R R Martin. It’s part of a fantasy series that the TV programme Game of Thrones was based on.
· What would be your ultimate way to relax?
Sitting in the sun with a nice cold beer or playing on the Xbox.
· If money were no object, which shop would you head for?
Bored in Southsea. They have really cool labels and good quality clothes. The T-shirts they design and make themselves are amazing.
· What’s your all-time favourite film?
We were discussing this the other day and I couldn’t make my mind up then! The last good film I saw was Warrior. Tom Hardy is a great actor and the film is about MMA fighting. I used to do a lot of martial arts, so the film really appealed to me.
· We’re buying the drinks tonight. What’s your poison?
A pint of Guinness or a Captain Morgan and coke.
· What are you doing this weekend?
I work on Friday nights at The One Eyed Dog and the band will be practising new material for our upcoming EP today, then heading to Little Johnny Russell’s for a drink or two on Sunday night.
· What’s a favourite local destination for a weekend day out?
We all went paintballing recently at Delta Force in Romsey and it was awesome.