Sam Jenkins, 19, is a musician and lives in Drayton. He’s the singer and guitarist with ska/reggae band Offbeat Offensive, who will be appearing at The Rox Festival in Bognor Regis tomorrow. Here he tells us about his perfect weekend.
· What would be your ideal weekend destination?
Somewhere hot and exotic like the Maldives, for lots of peace and tranquillity.
I could play my guitar on the beach and write lots of new songs.
· Not counting your loved ones, who would be your dream companion?
Jessie J – she makes great music and we could have lots of fun jamming on the beach together
· What music would you take with you?
Anything by Sublime or Bob Marley. It’s music to fit the chilled out surroundings.
· What about something to read?
Horace Panter’s Ska’d For Life: A Personal Journey With The Specials.
It’s a frank and honest personal account of the rise and burn out of ska band The Specials.
· What would be your ultimate way to relax?
Recording my own music in my home studio.
· If money were no object, which shop would you head for?
Nevada Music store. I could just about buy the whole shop!
· What’s your all-time favourite film?
Stepbrothers. It’s a big favourite with the band and we can all quote the lines from it.
· We’re buying the drinks tonight. What’s your poison?
Cider and black. It’s best enjoyed on a fun night out in Southsea with my friends.
· What are you doing this weekend?
Offbeat Offensive are supporting The Selecter at the O2 Academy in London on Saturday.
And we’re playing at the U Stage, The Rox Festival, in Bognor Regis tomorrow at 5.40pm.
It’s my ideal weekend, performing our music to new audiences and our loyal fans.
· What’s a favourite local destination for a weekend day out?
Weymouth, for the fantastic music venues, great diving and a change of scenery.
It’s just along the south coast, so not too far.
· The 21st annual free Rox Music Festival takes place today and tomorrow at Bognor Regis seafront and features local bands Kelly’s Heroes, The Racketeers and Offbeat Offensive. The event runs from 1pm to 11pm both days across four stages: the Arena Stage, the Secret Garden Stage, the U Stage and Bognor Pier. See the-rox.org