As Zippos Circus arrives at the Kings Theatre in Southsea for a week of shows over half-term, Tweedy the clown (real name Alan Digweed) from Fareham tells us about his ideal weekend.
• What would be your ideal weekend destination?
Blackpool, because there’s lots to do.
• Not counting your loved ones, who would be your dream companion?
Doctor Who because we could go anywhere, any time.
• What music would you take with you?
Weird Al Yankovic – good tunes and very funny.
• What about something to read?
War And Peace. It’s a long story.
• What would be your ultimate way to relax?
Performing. Although it’s technically work, I just love it and forget all my troubles when on stage.
• If money were no object, which shop would you head for?
I really, really want an Airstream caravan.
• What’s your all-time favourite film?
Funny Bones because it has three of my comic hero’s in it (Jerry Lewis, Lee Evans and George Carl) and it’s about clowns.
• We’re buying the drinks tonight. What’s your poison?
• What are you doing this weekend?
Preparing to perform with Zippos Circus at the Kings Theatre. Hurray!
• What’s a favourite local destination for a weekend day out?
Marwell Zoo. They have monkeys.