Ivyrise frontman 26-year-old Ben Falinski grew up in Cosham and now lives in London. The band’s debut single, Line Up The Stars, is released on Monday.
· What would be your ideal weekend destination?
My ideal weekend would be a flying visit to Paris. Swish hotel, evenings out on the streets with a glass of wine, some excellent company and a nice meal.
· Not counting your loved ones, who would be your dream companion?
I’d love to have a talking dog, preferably fluent in English, who I could take everywhere with me to keep me company. He’d have doggy Converse, a wicked pair of Ray-Bans and he’d smoke 20 a day.
· What music would you take with you?
At the moment I’m loving Mumford and Sons. I like music that takes me somewhere else and I listened to this record flying out of Georgia recently and it really touched me. It’s spiritual. My dog would listen to the Beach Boys though.
· What about something to read?
I love a good drama. I’m reading Archangel by Robert Harris at the minute. Or I’d read something about the place I’m visiting. I love being a good old-fashioned tourist.
· What would be your ultimate way to relax?
Watching the sun setting over the River Nile in Egypt with a nice cold beer and a shisha going is hands down the most relaxed I’ve ever felt, so I guess that wins that one.
· If money were no object, which shop would you head for?
I’m not really bothered about expensive shops to be honest. My favourite shops are little old vintage places where it’s like a treasure chest of weird and wonderful things from the past. That’s where I get all my gear. I like fashion that has a bit of history to it.
· What’s your all-time favourite film?
Casino. Find me a better gangster movie if you dare.
· We’re buying the drinks tonight. What’s your poison?
Red wine. Always.
· What are you doing this weekend?
I’ll be out on the road doing promotional stuff for our new single, Line Up The Stars, which is out on presale now. Head over to ivyrise.com if you want to buy it.
· What’s a favourite local destination for a weekend day out?
I love going over to Hayling Island for long walks along the beach. It reminds me of growing up. Plus I don’t get a lot of sea air these days!