Hotel chain Travelodge has revealed the most bizarre requests made to its staff at Portsmouth hotels - and some of them are pretty mind boggling.
One hopeful customer asked staff whether they could arrange for children’s character Peppa Pig to wake their daughter up on her birthday, while another brave guest queried whether it was possible to swim to the Isle of Wight.
There were also weird requests from lovestruck customers - one asked whether it was possible to get married at the top of the Spinnaker Tower, and one asked staff to arrange for his girlfriend to find a wedding proposal as a message in a bottle on the water front.
There are two Travelodges in Portsmouth, in Kingston Crescent and Hilsea.
Travelodge spokeswoman Shakila Ahmed said: ‘With over 18 million customers staying annually across our 523 UK Travelodge hotels, our hotel teams receive thousands of unusual requests from business and leisure travellers.
‘Where possible, the hotels teams go above and beyond to help customers however, there are some requests that they cannot help with.
‘Such as, finding a unicorn to help one romantic with his wedding proposal, ensuring there is a blue sky on the day of an important strategy meeting for an executive and moving a Travelodge room to the roof of the hotel so that the customer could sleep under the stars.’
The full list for Portsmouth
· Can you arrange for Peppa Pig to wake my daughter up on her birthday?
· Can you find me a skipper ASAP as the skipper I had booked to sail me over to the Cherbourg this morning has fallen ill
· Can you swim to the Isle of Wight?
· Can you arrange for me to get married at the top of the Spinnaker Tower?
· Can you arrange for a marshmallow bed to be installed into my room
· Can you arrange a fruit tasting session at the fruit port
· Can I borrow your suit as I have left mine on the train and I have an important dinner meeting tonight
· Can you arrange for my girlfriend to find a wedding proposal as a message in a bottle on the water front?
· Can you please call my boss and tell him I am sick and cannot attend the strategy day?
· Can you kittysit my Persian cat whilst I pop to the shops to get his treats