Blaze at play area

The car was burned from the front through the interior. Picture: David George

Vehicle is burned out in Portsmouth car park blaze

0
Have your say

A DISCARDED cigarette is thought to be to blame for a fire at a park.

A member of the public dialled 999 after spotting the fire at a play area off Sevenoaks Road, Cosham.

A fire engine from Cosham fire station went to the scene at 5.25am yesterday.

They found wood chippings on fire in the playground and it took a matter of minutes to put out the blaze. Firefighters left at 5.40am.