Blaze breaks out in Emsworth home

Swansea City Centre. Credit: Wiki Commons (Labelled for reuse)

NATIONAL: Earthquake causes tremors south west of England and Wales

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a home on Wednesday evening after a blaze broke out in the kitchen.

It took one crew from Havant and one from Emsworth about an hour to douse the fire in a house in Thistledown Gardens, Emsworth.

It happened at 7pm yesterday, and the fire left the ground floor of the property severely damaged.

Both the ground and first floors of the home were also damaged by smoke.

The occupants had got out of the property by the time crews arrived and were not injured in the incident.