Boiled eggs set off alarms in Portsmouth

One of the CCTV camera in the background, with Ben Hanvey of Beeny's Coffee, in Tangier Road, Baffins, and resident Cliff Golledge.  Picture: Ben Fishwick

Traders welcome CCTV installed at problem-hit Portsmouth street

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a block of flats after one of the residents left a pan of boiled eggs on the hob.

Smoke from the pan caused alarms to go off inside Copperfield House, in Wingfield Street, Buckland, yesterday at 1.45pm.

Fire crews sent five engines, one special equipment unit and one aerial ladder to the incident – as is the procedure for a high rise building – but many of them were sent back to the station when the cause was discovered.

Firefighters cleared the flat of smoke and no one was evacuated.