Cafe damaged in blaze

Investigation launched as RFA ship begins listing in Portsmouth Harbour

Have your say

A BLAZE at a beach cafe is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Firefighters were called to Beach Cafe, West Wittering, after a blaze started at about 8am yesterday in the roof.

Incident commander Marvin Smith said: ‘There’s a fair amount of damage in the kitchen area. It spread very quickly.’

The flames were put out before the fire could spread through the entire building.

Crews from Havant, Emsworth, Chichester, Bognor and Selsey went to the fire.