Sicilian American businessman Joseph Cala says he’s back in the running to buy Pompey.
Cala pulled out of his Fratton Park take over on Friday - as exclusively revealed by The News.
The 50-year-old told his followers on Facebook last night he was ‘working on’ a new bid to buy the two time FA Cup winners.
He said he’s now ‘having second thoughts’ about his decision to pull out last week - at the time he said he was unable to reach an agreement with Portpin, the firm belonging to former Pompey owner Balram Chainrai.
CSI administrator Andrew Andronikou was not immediately available to comment on Mr Cala’s claim.
Last week after the founder of a company specialising in designing underwater hotels and casinos, Mr Andronikou said: ‘I am not concerned.
‘We have got other people and we want have don’t to waste any more time with individuals that want to generate column inches.’