Call-out to house fire

The medals that have gone missing

Widow devastated as late husband’s Second World War medals are reported stolen from Portsmouth home

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a small fire in a kitchen.

Paper caught alight after it had been left on top of the cooker at a house in Harcourt Road, Fareham.

The owner of the property had gone out, but neighbours dialled 999 after hearing the smoke alarm and smelling fumes.

A crew from Fareham fire station were called out at 6.05pm on New Year’s Eve and quickly put out the fire.