Call-out to house fire

Viv Johnston, mother of special forces hero Danny Johnston, has thrown her weight behind Johnston Press's investigation, speaking out for the first time after her son's funeral last month

Veteran’s grieving mum: ‘Danny put his life on the line for this country but was given no help’

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a small fire in a kitchen.

Paper caught alight after it had been left on top of the cooker at a house in Harcourt Road, Fareham.

The owner of the property had gone out, but neighbours dialled 999 after hearing the smoke alarm and smelling fumes.

A crew from Fareham fire station were called out at 6.05pm on New Year’s Eve and quickly put out the fire.