A CANNABIS factory was found when firefighters were called to tackle a blaze in Copnor.
More than 100 small plants were discovered in a back room of a semi-detached house in Chelmsford Road.
Cosham and Southsea firefighters made the discovery when they were called to put out a fire just before 2pm yesterday.
The fire service said there were two fires – one in each bedroom – which had been caused by a severe electrical fault. No one was injured.
A resident in the street said: ‘The man who lived in the house had ripped down the back curtains and there was a lot of ultraviolet light that would light up back gardens in the night.
‘He hasn’t lived there too long – about six months.
‘You never see him go in or out of the house.’
Hampshire Police confirmed cannabis plants were found in the house.