FIREFIGHTERS were called to rescue a cat trapped – not up a tree – but on top of a curry house in Portsmouth.
A crew from Southsea were sent out to the India Gate restaurant, in Kingston Road, after reports of the adventurous moggy unable to get down.
One of the curry house’s waiters dialled 999 after the cat – which is believed to belong to the property’s owner – became trapped.
Firefighters arrived at 3.15pm and used an aerial ladder platform to rescue it from next to the building’s chimney.
It is now safely back at home.