Chimney fire breaks out

You can submit your questions via email. Picture: Pixnio (Labelled for reuse)

Bedhampton election candidates unite for virtual hustings

0
Have your say

A CHIMNEY fire broke out at a semi-detached property.

The incident in Clovelly Road, Northney, Hayling Island, happened at 7.24pm on Saturday.

Fire crews used rods in order to put out the flames, which was caused by a build-up of residue inside the chimney.

The property belonged to a couple and they were given some fire safety advice.

It was recommended that they swept out the chimney more regularly.