Chimney fire in village

The scales of justice

Sex abuser from Fareham sees his jail term doubled after government’s top lawyer intervenes

0
Have your say

Firefighters have warned people to make sure their chimneys are swept following a blaze.

The crew from Fareham fire station were called to Hook Lane, Hook, Warsash, at 10pm last night.

Soot had caught fire in the chimney after the owners lit their wood burner.

It began at 10pm and the tricky job needed an aerial ladder to put the fire out from the top of the chimney.

Watch manager Jim Stone said: ‘We have a special hose that we use for the chimney. It took us a little while to put it out because it was quite tricky. Chimney fires can be very complicated.

‘It is this time of year that people start using their fires and it’s really important that they make sure the chimneys have been swept recently.’