Cigarette starts fire

Share this article
Thick snow in Fratton. Picture: Ian Hargreaves  (103918-6)

SNOW ALERT: Cars could become stranded as ‘beast from the east’ hits

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a small fire in Portsmouth last night.

The fire was started in a bin in Winstanley Road by a lit cigarette.

A spokesman for Havant fire station said: ‘The small fires team was called to a fire in Winstanley Road in Portsmouth at approximately 6.15pm.

‘The fire was already out when the crew arrived due to the rain.’