Cigarettes cause fire outside Portsmouth home

Police outside student accommodation in Stanhope Road, Portsmouth on Friday Picture Ben Fishwick

Man arrested in Portsmouth explosives probe at Stanhope Road student block is released by police

0
Have your say

TWO cigarettes which hadn’t been put out properly caused a fire to start outside a house.

A passer-by called 999 after spotting flames coming from near a home in Milford Road, Landport, Portsmouth, at 10.15pm last night.

A resident put out the fire by the time Southsea firefighters arrived.

They gave out fire safety advice before leaving.