Clothes catch fire in cupboard

Police outside student accommodation in Stanhope Road, Portsmouth on Friday Picture Ben Fishwick

Man arrested in Portsmouth explosives probe at Stanhope Road student block is released by police

0
Have your say

A HOMEOWNER used a naked flame to search inside a cupboard – and accidentally set clothes on fire.

One crew from Portchester and one from Cosham were called to a house in Norgett Way, Portchester. The call came in at 9.16pm last night.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to put out the flame.

The fire started after clothing caught alight. No-one was injured.