THE community is rallying round to help a family whose home was ravaged by a huge fire.
Kieran Fleet, 20, has started a fundraising page to help Deborah Wilson and her family.
Their two-storey house in Jasmine Grove, Waterlooville, was gutted by fire and all the Christmas presents stored in a bedroom went up in flames.
It is thought a mobile phone charger overheated while left plugged in a socket.
Mrs Wilson, 57, who works for Rowlands Pharmacy in Waterlooville, told The News she watched on helplessly as the home she’s shared with her family for almost three decades burned.
Kieran and his family are customers at the pharmacy and have been bowled over by Mrs Wilson’s kindness in the past.
He told The News: ‘We are doing some fundraising to help the family get some possessions back.
‘It’s a devastating time and just before Christmas.
‘We are asking for donations. We are just putting it out there if people have anything spare.’
Kieran, of Beechwood Avenue, Waterlooville, said: ‘Christmas is the season of giving.
‘We feel it’s time to give back to her a little bit and help her in her hour of need.’
Kieran is hoping to raise £1,000.
Within just a few hours, he has already raised £135.
One poster on the website, Stuart Dover, wrote: ‘Thoughts are with you. you are always so helpful and happy in the pharmacy and this feels like the least I can do to offer support at this difficult time for you.’
To donate visit crowdfunding.justgiving.com/kieran-fleet