Computer catches fire in Gosport home

A BEDROOM was damaged and a woman treated for smoke inhalation after a computer caught fire.

Sunday, 26th June 2016, 7:16 pm
Updated Sunday, 26th June 2016, 8:18 pm
A computer caused a fire in Gosport today

The incident happened at a semi-detached house in St Mary’s Avenue in Gosport today at 4.15pm.

Firefighters from Gosport were called.

The family got out of the house but an ambulance was called to treat a woman who had inhaled smoke after placing a damp towel over the computer.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A spokesman from the fire service said the fire had been started by an electrical fault. Two appliances put out the fire by 5.30pm.

Elsewhere, firefighters in Southsea were called out today at 5pm to put out a smouldering waste bin in Commercial Road, Portsmouth, outside Waterstones.