Cooking causes house fire in Waterlooville

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
The Rev Vickie Morgan reflects on a hillside outside Bethlehem

REV VICKIE MORGAN: Jesus’s story came alive

0
Have your say

A FIRE began in a house in Waterlooville this evening when some cooking was left unattended.

Fire crews from Waterlooville, Horndean and Cosham were called out just before 6.40pm to Lavender Road after an alarm went off.

One man was in the property but was not injured in the incident.

A spokesman from Cosham Fire Station said: ‘The gentleman was in the property but was distracted, and left his cooking unattended.

‘We went to the property and made sure that he was okay, and gave him a bit of fire safety advice.’