Cooking starts fire in block of flats in Buckland

Gosport MP Caroline Dinenage.''Picture: Steve Reid

Gosport MP criticises Tory colleague MP Christopher Chope for blocking upskirting bill

0
Have your say

A PAN on a hob overheated and caught fire causing damage to a third-floor flat.

The incident happened last night at 8.20pm in a flat in Regent Court, in Sultan Road, Buckland.

The flat occupiers had escaped by the time the fire service arrived. Three crews from Southsea fire station used breathing apparatus, a hose reel, a fire blanket and a fan to put out the blaze and clear the smoke by 8.45pm.