Crew sent to kitchen blaze

Investigation launched as RFA ship begins listing in Portsmouth Harbour

Have your say

A DEEP fat fryer sparked a call to the fire brigade in the early hours of the morning.

A crew from Cosham were sent to The Mermaid pub, in Port Solent, at 5.30am on Sunday.

When firefighters arrived they discovered staff at the pub had already managed to put the fire out. The blaze was in the kitchen,

The crew checked the area over but found it was safe.

The small blaze was caused by an overheating deep fat fryer.