THIEVES who stole computer games and cash have sparked a warning by police.
The raid took place at a home in Somers Road North, Landport, overnight between Thursday and Friday.
Burglars are believed to have entered the house through an insecure back door.
Officers are now urging residents to ensure their properties are secure.
- Keeping windows and doors locked at night and when you are not home or in the room.
- Put all car keys and other keys out of sight and not in reach of windows and letterboxes.
- Have an intruder alarm system installed by an approved contractor.
- Do not leave ladders and garden tools in your garden; lock them away in your shed.
- Use door chains and spy holes for extra security if someone knocks on the door.
- Leave a light on so your home looks occupied if you are going out for the evening.
- Ensure side gates are locked.
Anyone with information about the Landport burglary should call 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting 44160425813.