In the Courts '“ latest update

n Tristan Hughes,26, of Portsmouth Road, Horndean, admitted an assault by beating in Waterlooville on March 31.

Monday, 23rd May 2016, 6:01 am

He was given a community order with a 32-day relationships course and must complete 80 hours unpaid work.

Magistrates imposed a restraining order banning him from contacting the victim for two years.

He also admitted causing harassment, alarm or distress on the same day to another victim.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

He must pay a £60 victim surcharge and £85 prosecution costs.

n John Taylor, 51, of Forest Road, Denmead, was banned from driving for three years and given a 12-week jail term suspended for 18 months.

He pleaded guilty to failing to provide a specimen of blood in an investigation of an offence under the Road Traffic Act.

He must complete 18 months supervision, a 14-day drink-impaired driver course and 20 days of rehabilitation activities.

Taylor committed the offence on November 13 last year.

He must pay an £80 victim surcharge and £85 prosecution costs.

n Stuart Mckenzie, 46, of Montague Road, Portsmouth, admitted four thefts in March and April and was jailed for six months in total.

He also admitted failing to surrender to custody, and breaching a conditional discharge for a theft.

He was re-sentenced for the previous theft in December last year.

In all he stole a Barbour jacket worth £149 from Knight & Lee, an electric scooter worth £149.99 from Toys R Us, electric shavers worth £55 from Wilko and £13.52 of chocolate from the Co-op.

He must pay an £80 victim surcharge.

n Dennis Newnes, 31, of St John’s Road, Havant, admitted criminal damage to a car key and iPhone 6 worth £225 intending to destroy or damage or being reckless as to whether it would be.

He was fined £250 and must pay £225 compensation for the crime committed on January 27.

He must pay a £25 victim surcharge and £85 prosecution costs.

n Paul Brown, 60, of Estella Road, Portsmouth, admitted using threatening or abusive words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

He committed the offence on April 25 in Estella Road, Portsmouth.

Magistrates imposed an 18-month conditional discharge with a £20 victim surcharge and £85 prosecution costs.

He admitted breaching a conditional discharge but no action was taken on the breach.