In the Courts '“ latest update

n Edward Siwak, 33, of Bath Road, Southsea, admitted driving while disqualified in Fawcett Road, Southsea, on February 11.

Thursday, 5th May 2016, 6:01 am
Portsmouth Magistrates' Court

Magistrates banned him for 12 months with a community order and a 16-week electronic tag curfew. Siwak must also pay a £60 victim surcharge and £85 prosecution costs.

He also admitted driving without third-party insurance but was given no separate penalty.

n Michael Antram, 24, of Derby Road, North End, admitted stealing a mobile phone, MP3 player and £34.50 in cash from a vehicle on April 5 in Balfour Road, North End.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Magistrates imposed a 12-month conditional discharge with £34.50 compensation. He must pay a £15 victim surcharge.

n Daniel Gregory, 24, of Portsmouth Road, Southampton, admitted breaching an Asbo by shouting, swearing and spitting in Portsmouth.

He was fined £215 with a £21 victim surcharge and £85 prosecution costs.

Gregory also admitted breaching two suspended sentences and was fined £100 for each.

n John Kelly, 41, of Broadmere Avenue, Havant, was found guilty of jointly stealing meat worth £193 on November 11 last year and was jailed for 90 days.

He must also pay an £80 victim surcharge.

Kelly was also found guilty of an assault by beating on the same day and was given a 90-day sentence.

He also failed to surrender to custody and was given a 14-day sentence, all to run concurrently.

Kelly also admitted one count of theft and was found guilty of two thefts in December and was given another 90-day term to run consecutively. He was given a 14-day term for failing to surrender.

In total he was sentenced to 180 days in prison.

n Craig Hedger, 25, of Kimbridge Crescent, Havant, admitted dangerous driving on Southampton Road, Portsmouth, on February 6.

He was fined £100 with a £20 victim surcharge and £100 prosecution costs.

Magistrates banned him from driving for 12 months. n Daniel Keevil, 41, of Celandine Avenue, Locks Heath, admitted causing harassment, alarm or distress on December 1 last year.

Magistrates imposed a community order with a two-month curfew and 15 days of rehabilitation activities.

A criminal behaviour order bans him for two years from engaging in any conduct which causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to any adult or child.

This includes any shouting, swearing or behaving aggressively or holding an open bottle or can, or a glass, with alcohol in it.

He must pay a £60 victim surcharge. His guilty plea was taken into account.