Former Bedhampton woman gave evidence days before brutal killing, Old Bailey told

Library image.
Library image.
Have your say

A MUM who was stabbed 33 times by her next-door neighbour following a long-running noise dispute gave evidence about the ‘constant unending harassment’ just days before she was killed, a court heard today.

Trevor Gibbon, 48, allegedly armed himself with two knives and ambushed Alison Morrison, 45, as she walked to a train station on her way to work on December 18 last year.

Alison Morrison

Alison Morrison

He carried out the ferocious killing the day after he was handed a restraining order having pleaded guilty to harassing Mrs Morrison and her family for years, the Old Bailey trial heard.

Mrs Morrison grew up in Bedhampton and her three sisters live in Waterlooville.

The court heard Mrs Morrison repeatedly named her attacker as she lay dying in the street near her London home, telling residents who had flocked to help: ‘Trevor Gibbon did this to me.’

He was arrested later that morning 100 miles away in his car in Lincolnshire and charged with murder.

Ahead of the earlier magistrates’ court case, the mother-of-one gave a statement about the abuse she had suffered at his hands, the jury was told.

Mrs Morrison and her husband Cedric had moved next door to Gibbon in Windsor Crescent, Harrow, three-and-a-half years before so they could be near their teenage son’s school.

But straight away, Gibbon began complaining about the teenage boy’s skateboarding as well as other trivial gripes, to the point where the family felt forced to go to police, the court had heard.

In her hand-written account made days before the killing, Mrs Morrison said: ‘It got so bad that I could not sleep properly as I felt it would never end.’

She said the thing that caused her most anxiety was Gibbon’s inability to stop despite the police constantly visiting him.

‘He seemed to enjoy it, and whenever the police visited they would change their tactics and escalate what they were doing.

‘The constant unending harassment despite police and council intervention was draining.’

Mrs Morrison told how she was forced to install £2,000 of CCTV equipment.

Gibbon denies murder but has admitted the killing on the basis he was ‘suffering from an abnormality of mental functioning’ which impaired his ability to form rational judgment.

The trial continues.