Gosport baby death: Police video shows the moment officers arrive at Roxanne Davis and Samuel Davies’ flat​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Share this article

THIS is the moment police were first called to the home where a newborn baby was so savagely beaten he later died.

Innocent Stanley Davis died after having his skull fractured in by his mother and her partner. The tot was just 24 days old.

Roxanne Davis and Samuel Davies

Roxanne Davis and Samuel Davies

Today a judge jailed his mum, Roxanne Davis, 30, of Lee Road, Gosport, and her ex-lover Sam Davies, 24, of Mayfield Road, Southampton, for 10 years.

READ MORE: Roxanne Davis and Samuel Davies sentenced to 10 years in jail

Last week police released body-worn camera footage of officers attending their former home in Forton Road, Gosport just days before Stanley was fatally wounded.

Police were called by a worried neighbour on the night of March 11, who heard screaming coming from the pair’s flat, in Garland Court.

The footage, which was previously presented to a jury at Winchester Crown Court, showed officers being confronted by a drugged-up Davies acting aggressively towards them, swearing at them.

An officer asked the 24-year-old what was happening and he claimed he had been arguing with a friend.

READ MORE: Live updates as Roxanne Davis and Samuel Davies are sentenced

They asked about the safety of Roxanne and Stanley and he said they were both fine. Roxanne also backed up his story, claiming a friend was the cause of the row.

However, the court later heard the two would regularly clash heads in explosive exchanges which would see items hurled across rooms and holes punched in walls.

Prosecutors were unable to prove exactly how Stanley received his injuries, which included a fractured skull, bleed on the brain and 32 fractures to his ribs, along with nine fractures to his arms and legs during three separate occasions.

However, pathologists told the court the fatal head injury could only have been caused by ‘serious blunt trauma’.

Likening it to the injuries sustained by babies who have been in car crashes or dropped from a first storey window, Dr Peter Richards, a consultant paediatric neurosurgeon, said: ‘It could all be explained by a forcible shake followed by an impact against something hard.

'I cannot exclude the possibility of being thrown across the room and against a wall.’

Davis and Davies were both found guilty of causing or allowing the death of a child.