Here is our latest update on cases heard at magistrates’ courts around the area.
- Susan Byrne, 35, of Waverley Road, Southsea, admitted stealing £40.84 worth of chewing gum from Co-op.
She admitted committing the offence during a 12-month conditional discharge for two thefts.
Byrne must pay a criminal courts charge of £150.
- Thomas Hewson, 19, of Paignton Avenue, Copnor, admitted assaulting a man by beating.
Magistrates imposed a community order with 100 hours of unpaid work.
He must also pay a £60 victim surcharge, £85 costs and a criminal courts charge of £150.
- Matthew Jones, 23, of St Marys Road, Fratton, admitted assaulting a man by beating.
Magistrates imposed a six-month conditional discharge for the May 23 offence.
He must pay a £15 victim surcharge, £85 costs and a £150 criminal courts charge.
- Alfred Shortman, 24, of St Edward’s Road, Southsea, admitted four charges of assault by beating in Portsmouth on April 4.
Magistrates imposed a four-month prison sentence suspended for 12 months.
- Tommie Stanley, 18, of Hillsley Road, Paulsgrove, admitted stealing a pedal bike from Haslemere train station.
He was ordered to pay £436.68 in compensation and £85 costs. He committed the offence on January 9.
- Eileen Mastin, 38, of Seafront, Hayling Island, admitted staling make-up worth £64.88 from Boots.
Magistrates imposed a 12-month conditional discharge.
She must pay a £15 victim surcharge and £150 criminal courts charge,
Mastin committed the offence on May 26.
She further admitted failing to surrender to custody on June 11.
- Amber Peterson, 19, of Ken Berry Court, Havant, admitted assaulting a woman by beating twice.
She committed the offences on September 17 and December 1 in Havant.
Magistrates imposed a two-year conditional discharge.
She must pay £25 compensation, £15 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
For the second offence she must pay £25 compensation.
- Stanley Alden, 18, of no fixed address, admitted damaging a glass door pane in Portsmouth.
Magistrates imposed a six-month conditional discharge for the June 18 offence on All Saints Street.
Alden must pay a criminal courts charge of £150.
- Ian Harvey, 47, of Coral Close, Fareham, admitted driving without third party insurance.
He was fined £250 for the October 22 offence last year.
He must pay a £25 victim surcharge and £65 costs.
Magistrates endorsed his licence with six points.