In the Courts – latest update

Gladys Richards, whose death prompted the first police investigation into Gosport War Memorial Hospital

Gosport hospital deaths: Police had evidence health and safety or manslaughter offences ‘might have been committed’

n Jason Pearce, 34, of West Street, Fareham, admitted assault by beating between December 16 and 17 in West Street.

Magistrates imposed a four-week prison sentence suspended for a year.

He must complete 12 months of rehabilitation activities.

Pearce must pay a £140 victim surcharge and £85 prosecution costs.

n Christopher Carpenter, 42, of Lynn Road, Fratton, admitted breaching a restraining order on January 25 in Portsmouth.

He was fined £100 and the restraining order was extended for a year.

He must pay a £30 victim surcharge.

n Jane McLauchlan, 54, of Warblington Road, Emsworth, admitted drink-driving in her own street on January 11.

She was caught with 40 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, more than the 35mg legal limit.

She was fined £120 with a £30 victim surcharge.

Magistrates banned her from driving for 12 months.

n Karen Nash, 49, of Billy Lawn Avenue, admitted theft of make-up, baby clothes, sunglasses and beauty products worth £300 at Poundland in Havant on November 12.

She was ordered to pay £300 compensation.

Nash also admitted theft of meat worth £220 from Marks & Spencer in Waterlooville on October 13 and theft of meat from the shop worth £163 the next day.

n Wayne Spillett, 39, of no fixed address, admitted theft of razor blades worth £32.84 from Morrisons, in Gosport, on January 6.

Magistrates imposed a six-month conditional discharge with a £20 victim surcharge.

n Matthew Adams, 32, of Waverley Road, Southsea, admitted breaching a restraining order by contacting a woman on December 26.

Magistrates imposed a community order with 32 days of a relationships course and 20 days of rehabilitation activities as punishment.

Adams must pay an £85 victim surcharge.

He also admitted breaching a community order and was sentenced again to the community order.

n Andrew Denning, 42, of Siskin Road, Southsea, admitted sending by public electronic communications network a message that was grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character.

Magistrates imposed a four-week sentence suspended for a year,

He must complete 20 days of rehabilitation activities.

He received a restraining order for a year banning him from going to a road or contact a woman.

Denning must pay a £115 victim surcharge and £85 prosecution costs.