Man tells of shock as woman writes off two cars in accident

A Ford Transit van

POLICE WARNING: £20 lock picks used to break into vans across Hampshire

Have your say

RELAXING at home with his heavily pregnant wife, the last thing Wayne Boud expected to be doing minutes later was pulling somebody from a car crash.

But that’s exactly what happened when a drink-driver ploughed into three cars outside his house on Wickham Road, Fareham.

As previously reported in The News, a Toyota Aygo crashed and wrote off two parked vehicles.

It also caused minor damage to Wayne’s car.

The 26-year-old said: ‘I was watching TV with my wife when we heard an almighty bang outside.

‘It was so loud that we thought it must have been two lorries crashing into each other.

‘When I went outside there was a car that had smashed into two parked cars.

‘I was the first on the scene, so I just immediately went to help.’

Wayne helped the driver, a 24-year-old woman, out of the car before turning his attentions to a male in the passenger seat, who had not been wearing a seatbelt and was injured.

Wayne said: ‘I don’t know why but the driver was so aggressive and she started trying to fight me off as I was trying to help her passenger.

‘She got aggressive with me, pushed me off and dragged him out of the car and just slumped him on the road, that’s when I stepped back.

‘When the police and paramedics turned up, she had to do a breathalyser and she was trying to fight everyone.

‘I couldn’t believe it. It was so surreal.’

Police have said that both the driver and the passenger suffered injuries, which were not life-threatening.

Wayne was on alert as his wife Marie is just two weeks away from giving birth.

Their three-year-old daughter Millie was tucked up in bed.

Wayne said: ‘My wife was due to go out about that time, we are so lucky that she didn’t.

‘What could have happened doesn’t bear to think about.’

Police arrived on the scene shortly after the accident, breathalysed the woman and arrested her on suspicion of drink-driving.

She has been bailed until May 16, pending further enquiries.

Wayne is just thankful that the car did not go into his home and that his family are all OK.

He said: ‘She was so lucky that she wasn’t killed and that she didn’t kill somebody else.’

He added: ‘It’s terrifying to think about.’

Anyone with information should call police officers at Park Gate Police Station on 101.