Man's body found in Portsmouth Harbour: Here's everything we know so far
A man's body was found in Portsmouth Harbour yesterdayÂ morning following reports of an incident.
Here is everything we know so far.
- The first emergency call-out came at 7.16am this morning, with Hampshire and Ministry of Defence police officers being called to Portsmouth Harbour.
- At 8.50am the Hillhead Coastguard Rescue Team tweeted that they had been called out to an '˜incident' at the harbour.
- A lifeboat from the Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service was also called out to help.Â
- Later in the morning it was confirmed that a body had been found in the water close to Haslar Wall in Gosport.
- The body was handed over to Hampshire Constabulary who have identified the man as a 58-year-old man from Southsea
- The incident comes five days after a man fell from a Wightlink ferry into Portsmouth Harbour. The search for him was called off later in the day and he was designated a missing person.
- The death is not being treated as suspicious