Paedophile police doctor drugged boy, 8, and filmed himself sexually abusing him in 'make-shift film studio' from hell

A PAEDOPHILE surgeon who built a hellish makeshift film studio where he drugged children and sexually abused them has been jailed.

Wednesday, 28th July 2021, 8:58 am

Twisted Robert Cameron Wells drugged an eight-year-old boy and took him to his DIY movie set, telling him he was going to be an actor and a star.

But in reality, the youngster was just a pawn in conniving Cameron’s torturous web of abuse.

Having gained the child’s trust, the boy was then forced to abuse a young girl while they were filmed at an unknown location somewhere in Sussex in October 1998.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Twisted Robert Cameron Wells, 69, a former Hampshire police doctor, has been jailed - again - for sexually abusing children. Photo: Sussex Police

The 69-year-old pervert, a former doctor with Hampshire police, directed the abuse while another man operated the camera, Sussex Police said.

A police spokesman said: ‘Wells gave the boy a “white tablet”, telling him that he could trust him because he was a doctor and took him to a building on an industrial site.

‘Once there, he escorted him into a large room where a young girl was tied to a bed and unconscious. The boy also noticed a large television-style camera in the corner of the room which was being operated by a second man.

‘[Wells] told him to abuse the girl but he was reluctant, so the doctor told him that he was like an actor in a film and would be the star. The boy then abused the girl while the other man stood behind the camera filming what happened. The court also heard evidence that the boy had also been sexually assaulted during this time.

Read More

Read More
Portsmouth man jailed for racist attack that saw him crash a van into his victim...

‘The location and the girl have not been identified and a man was interviewed on suspicion of being involved in the events but there was insufficient evidence to justify prosecution.’

Wells has since been convicted of a series of historic sexual offences against five young people in Brighton, West Sussex, Hampshire and the West Midlands.

The pervert was convicted at Hove Crown Court on Tuesday, having pleaded not guilty to two counts of indecency with a young boy, and attempting to possess an indecent image of a child, all in West Sussex in the 90s.

He had previously pleaded guilty to 16 other offences:

- One offence of indecent assault on a teenage girl in West Sussex in the 90s:

- One offence of indecent assault on a woman several years ago in Coventry;

- Two offences of rape, and seven offences of indecent assault on a girl several years ago, one in the West Midlands, the rest in Brighton, and four offences of taking an indecent photograph of a child, all against the same girl, one in the West Midlands, the others in the Brighton area

- One offence of indecent assault on a woman in Southampton several years ago. He had already been convicted of sexual offences against her nearly two decades ago, but the Sussex Police investigation uncovered new video evidence of him assaulting her, accessible because of new technical developments since then.

All the offences involved evidence that Wells used drugs to help ensure compliance in his victims.

In April 2017 at Cardiff Crown Court he was sentenced to seven years for four indecent assaults against three young girls, police said.

Detective Constable Owen Watkins of Sussex Police added: ‘Wells was clearly a systematic and serial sexual abuser of young people, using his charm and air of professional distinction to lure them into a sense of false security, for his own gratification

‘Only one of the victims was abused by Wells acting in his official capacity as a doctor, but all the others came to know him – because of his role and were clearly influenced by his status.

‘These convictions, and his previous convictions, show how his appalling record goes over many years and it is reassuring for his victims, and for the wider community to know that he is going to be in no position to continue preying upon innocent people for many years to come.’

Wells will be sentenced at the same court on September 6.

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

You can subscribe here for unlimited access to our online coverage, including Pompey, with 70 per cent fewer adverts for less than 20p a day.