This morning an 18-year-old died in Portsmouth. Here’s what has been established so far.
* The teenager is thought to have been injured in an assault in Fratton late last night or early this morning.
* South Central Ambulance Service was called at 1.54am to a home in Sackville Street, Southsea - about a mile and a half from where the suspected attack took place.
A spokeswoman said the call was ‘following reports a male in his teens was in a life-threatening condition’.
She added: ‘Two ambulances and an ambulance officer attended the scene. The man was taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth in a life-threatening condition.’
Police later described the injuries as ‘significant’.
* The 18-year-old later died at QA,
* Police were called by paramedics to Sackville Street at about 2.18am this morning.
* Oldbury House in Sackville Street was sealed off this morning with police standing guard. Residents told The News they were shocked - and that violence in the area was getting worse.
* As part of the investigation, scenes of crime officers police have been in Liverpool Road, Manchester Road, Guildford Road and Sandringham Road in Fratton today.
* A section of Guildford Road in Fratton, between Liverpool Road and Manchester Road was cordoned off.
* Police have not yet confirmed whether any arrests have been made.
* Anyone with information has been asked to call 101 quoting Operation Lighter