Teenager beaten up at 8am outside Portsmouth police station

Witnesses should call the police on 101
Witnesses should call the police on 101
Picture: Google Maps

Fareham shop fined a quarter of a million pounds for health and safety failings

Have your say

A TEENAGER has spoken of his ordeal after two ‘despicable’ thugs viciously attacked him opposite a police station.

The 19-year-old, who asked not to be named, was set upon as he sat on a wall outside Fratton Police Station in Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth waiting for his uncle to take him to work.

After shoving him over, the men beat him with a tube of Pringles and punched and kicked him repeatedly, leaving him pouring with blood.

Speaking to The News following the attack around 8am on Friday, the teenager, of Portsmouth, said: ‘I was sat on the wall rolling a cigarette when two men walked past, and the taller one of the two gave me a massive shove backwards.

‘I caught myself on the way down, and as they walked away I swore at them.

‘They then came back and the one who shoved me had a tube of Pringles, and he started hitting me over the head, torso and arms with it.

‘Then his friend was punching me several times and then as I was still sat on the wall, they both just laid into me.

‘They were kicking me, stamping on my foot – they were going for me like you wouldn’t believe. The shorter one split the side of my eyebrow open, and the blood was pouring down my face.’

After being swung at with his skateboard, he staggered across the road towards the police station.

His attackers fled towards the Rudmore roundabout.

He banged on the door and shouted for help, but his pleas were to no avail as the premises is only open for appointments and does not have a front counter.

He then called 999 and his uncle, who was in his flat and unaware of what happened, then came out and saw his injuries.

‘He was just gobsmacked,’ he said.

‘He thought I had just fallen off my skateboard and scuffed my face, and then I told him I had just been severely beaten at 8am in the morning.

‘It is despicable what they did to me.’

The victim has criticised police for not coming to his aid.

‘I had no idea it was an unmanned police station,’ he said.

‘I hit the doors with both hands as hard as I could and no-one came for me.

‘It doesn’t make sense to have a station with no-one there to help.’

Hampshire Constabulary is appealing for witnesses to come forward in the hope the men can be found.

Contact PC Jessica Wilkins on 101 quoting reference number 4414 030 4177.