Two teenage women to go on trial over incident in Guildhall Walk Portsmouth involving man's bottom being 'slapped'

TWO teenage women charged over a fracas outside a nightclub after a man was allegedly slapped on the bottom will go on trial next year.

Monday, 20th September 2021, 12:20 pm
Portsmouth Crown Court Picture: César Moreno Huerta

Scarlett Bareham and Fiona Hoyle, both 19, denied a charge of affray over the incident when they appeared at Portsmouth Crown Court on Monday morning.

Read More

Read More
These are the 21 worst roads for speeding in Portsmouth - according to our reade...

The incident was sparked after a woman challenged a group after a man was slapped on the bottom in Guildhall Walk in Portsmouth on the night of August 5, a previous hearing was told.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Bareham, of Timsbury Crescent, Bedhampton, denied a charge of sexual assault.

Hoyle, of Cleveland Road, Southsea, admitted a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm following the incident.

They were bailed and will now go on trial on March 7.

Another woman, Hannah Phillips, 20, of Timsbury Crescent, Bedhampton, was also charged with sexual assault on a man over the incident.

She was due to appear at Portsmouth Magistrates’ Court in connection with the incident earlier this month.

But the case was withdrawn by the Crown Prosecution Service after the court was told that Ms Phillips had been given a conditional caution.

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

You can subscribe here for unlimited access to our online coverage, including Pompey, for 27p a day.