A pensioner has accepted a caution for sending offensive messages to Members of Parliament.
The 73-year-old man, from West Sussex, was arrested on Wednesday following allegations he sent offensive/threatening messages via social media to two MPs, the Met Police said.
He was taken into custody at a West Sussex police station and has subsequently accepted a caution for the offences, the force added.
The allegations were made on July 13 and July 20 last year.
A spokesman for the Met Police said: ‘After an assessment, an investigation was started by the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command in liaison with the Met’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command.
‘These were not treated as terrorist incidents.’