Deep fat fryer sparks Havant pub kitchen fire

The new logo visible on University House, Winston Churchiil Avenue, Portsmouth

University of Portsmouth under fire over £800,000 rebrand costs as departments face cuts

0
Have your say

A FAMILY escaped a pub after a fire started in a kitchen.

It happened at The Heron pub in Petersfield Road, Havant, at around 2am.

Two adults and children had already escaped the building before firefighters arrived.

Firefighter Paul Wilkinson said the damage was limited to the cooker itself.

Two trucks from Havant fire station attended the blaze with around 15 firefighters. They used two breathing apparatus, one thermal imaging camera, a hose reel and dry powder.