THE only remaining ship that took part in the Gallipoli campaign will be opened to the public for the first time this summer.
The gunship HMS M33 is being refurbished in a drydock at Portsmouth dockyard and will open on August 6.
Armed with a pair of six-inch guns, M33 was designed for coastal bombardment.
Commanded by Lieutenant Commander Preston-Thomas, her first active operation was the support of the British landings at Suvla during the Battle of Gallipoli in August 1915.
She remained stationed at Gallipoli until the evacuation in January 1916.
For the remainder of the war she served in the Mediterranean. In later years she became a mine-laying training ship.