Discarded cigarette causes fire outside QA Hospital

Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham
Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham
Portsmouth South MP Stephen Morgan, right, with Cllr Darren Sanders and housing director James Hill, left Picture: Tom Cotterill

Theresa May must fund repairs to ‘unsafe’ tower blocks in Somers Town, city leaders demand

0
Have your say

A CIGARETTE which had not been put out properly caused a fire in a bin outside Queen Alexandra Hospital.

Firefighters from Southsea were called to extinguish the blaze just after 3pm.

No one was injured in the incident, but crews issued a safety warning after the fire was put out.

A spokesman for Southsea Fire Station said: ‘Please ensure if you are discarding a cigarette it has been put out.

‘If this one had been extinguished correctly, our crew would not have had to be called out.’