Discarded cigarette sees Fareham bush catch fire

From the left are Chief Fire Officer Neil Odin, Margaret Aldridge, Yvonne Ferguson, daughter of Margaret, and Lord Mayor of Portsmouth Councillor Ken Ellcome Picture: Duncan Shepherd (180086_010)

City blitz heroine Margaret gets award for wartime bravery and dedication

  • Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service quickly extinguished the blaze
0
Have your say

A BURNING bush was put out by firefighters after a nearby worried business owner called the fire service.

The bush in Barnes Wallis Road, Fareham, was set alight by a discarded cigarette at about 2pm yesterday.

A nearby worker tried to put out the blaze with a fire extinguisher but called for assistance when he was unsuccessful.

Firefighters from Fareham fire station attended the scene and put out the blaze by 2.20pm.

Firefighters also put out a fire in a Locks Heath kitchen at 11.15pm on Tuesday.