Drama as dumped burger van catches fire

The Wildcat on board HMS Dragon delivers stores to RFA Lyme Bay during Exercise Catamaran

HMS Dragon returns to Portsmouth after war games

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called after a disused burger van caught fire in Denmead.

Crews from Havant and Cosham were sent to put out the flames in Sheepwash Lane at 3.30pm 
yesterday. It is believed the van had been dumped.

Meanwhile, Southsea firefighters were alerted earlier in the day when an automatic fire alarm went off at a block of flats.

But when crews arrived in Basin Street, Buckland, Portsmouth, they realised the company in charge of the building was doing alarm tests, and had not notified the emergency services.