Drama as fridge freezer bursts into flames

Headteacher  Colin Rainford and pupils celebrate a good Ofsted report at Hayling College     Picture: Chris Moorhouse

‘Absolute delight’ as Hayling College secures ‘good’ Ofsted grade

Have your say

A KITCHEN was destroyed after a fridge freezer caught fire.

The blaze started at a terraced house in Festing Grove, Southsea, when the householder was out.

Firefighters from Southsea fire station were called out at about 12.30pm yesterday.

Watch manager Jason Boh said: ‘We believe the fire started in the fridge freezer.

‘It’s electrical. On arrival we could confirm there was no-one in there, so we forced entry and carried out a search and rescue of the property.

‘The occupier arrived about 15 minutes after our initial arrival.’

Firefighters left the scene after two hours.