Driver watches car go up in flames after electrical fault sparks blaze in Gosport road

A DRIVER watched his car become engulfed in flames after an electrical fault sparked a fire.

Monday, 24th October 2016, 9:04 pm
Updated Tuesday, 25th October 2016, 6:57 pm

An appliance from Gosport fire station was sent to Privett Road, Gosport at about 4.33pm today after a driver of a Peugeot 107 rang to say his car was on fire.

An appliance, two breathing apparatus and a hose reel were then sent to the scene.

Watch manager Martin Ventham said: ‘We got to the scene to find the car by the side of the road fully engulfed in flames.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

‘We used foam in order to extinguish the fire.’

‘The driver told us that it was an electrical fault that had caused the fire.’