Driver watches car go up in flames after electrical fault sparks blaze in Gosport road
A DRIVER watched his car become engulfed in flames after an electrical fault sparked a fire.
An appliance from Gosport fire station was sent to Privett Road, Gosport at about 4.33pm today after a driver of a Peugeot 107 rang to say his car was on fire.
An appliance, two breathing apparatus and a hose reel were then sent to the scene.
Watch manager Martin Ventham said: ‘We got to the scene to find the car by the side of the road fully engulfed in flames.
‘We used foam in order to extinguish the fire.’
‘The driver told us that it was an electrical fault that had caused the fire.’