FAULTY electrics were the cause of a fire at a Copnor garage, investigators have found.
The blaze on Wednesday night drew about 70 firefighters to the motor business in Bosham Road and about 15 people were evacuated from their homes.
A Hampshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said investigators had concluded the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit.
He said: ‘The investigation has been completed and the fire has been found to have been caused by an electrical fault in the workshop.’
The fire caused heavy damage to the garage and the first-floor rooms above.