Extension lead starts first-floor bedroom blaze in Portsmouth

Havant Road, Hayling Island, close to the Yew Tree Inn. Credit: Google Street View

Long delays on major road after two parked vehicles obstruct traffic

Have your say

A BEDROOM was damaged in a house fire.

Two crews were called out to the blaze in Somers Road, in Somers Town, Portsmouth, at around 6.30pm on Saturday.

Firefighters said an extension lead overheated and caused the blaze.

The fire started in a first-floor bedroom, and a wall and bed were damaged. Firefighters said it could have spread had they not been there.

No-one was injured in the fire and the crews left the scene at around 7.30pm.