Family flees burning food at Portchester home

Don Hodgson, 58 from Lee-on-the-Solent. Don has scooped two awards at the 2018 Chelsea Flower Show for his garden, The Force for Good - a collaborative project between military veterans and Sparsholt College. Picture: Supplied

Army veteran’s green fingers wow judges at Chelsea Flower Show

0
Have your say

A FAMILY has been left homeless after a fire caused smoke damage to their home.

The blaze started on Sunday night at 9.30pm when food that was cooking caught fire.

Retained firefighters from Portchester and firefighters from Cosham were called to tackle the kitchen fire, which caused considerable smoke damage to the first-floor maisonette in White Hart Lane, Portchester.

The crews had the incident under control by 10.30pm, however they issued a warning to others to check their smoke alarms.