Fault on washing machine plug causes kitchen blaze

ClassT9 30718 on a Stephenson Locomotive Society special waits for the off at Havant''Pictured at Havant we see a class T9 at the head of a Stephenson Locomotive  Society special. Can anyone confirm the date?'Picture: Barry Cox collection

NOSTALGIA: Long gone, but not forgotton – remembering old treasures

0
Have your say

A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a washing machine caught fire.

Two crews from Southsea and one from Cosham were called to a home in Ariel Road, Fratton, at 5.40pm yesterday.

A faulty plug on a washing machine caused a fire in the kitchen and those inside evacuated the property.

Two firefighters went in with hoses to put out the flames and a fan was used to clear the smoke.

One man aged 22 was treated for breathing in smoke by South Central Ambulance Service.